Vacation Rental Hosting in Florida – Brinkley Morgan Attorneys at Law

If you are renting your entire unit, a license from the Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation (“DBPR”) is required if your property meets the definition of a “vacation rental” and “transient public lodging establishment.”  However, if you are renting out only a single room or rooms, other than the whole unit, while you remain in the home, a vacation rental license is not required for these so called “Hosted Rentals.” The DBPR classifies vacation rentals as either a condominium[1] or dwelling,[2] and a different license is required for each. The links for both applications are listed below. If you operate both vacation rental condominiums and vacation rental dwellings, you may not combine them on the same license.  A “Collective License” may also be issued to a group of houses or units found in separate locations that are represented by the same “licensed agent,” someone that the property owner has authorized, through a rental agreement or contract, to hold out the property for rent.  All potential vacation rental hosts in Florida must be aware of these state licensing requirements.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9